LOCATION AND ORGANIZERS
Kormakitis and Karpaşa villages are the last inhabited Maronite villages in Cyprus. The people in both
villages still speak Greek and are a good example for peaceful coexistence of both communities on the
island. Besides this demographic fact, the geological composition makes it an ideal region for CrossBiking.
For this unique situation this specific area is chosen to host the “International Bike Festival 2018” as a new
event organised by the bi-communal team of this application.
The GC team member Petros is already experienced in organizing local bike events in this unique region, the
TC team member Tacam participated in international races, was involved in the creating of new mountain
bike trails in the specific area and owns a bike shop in Nicosia.
The date of the event will be the last weekend in May 2018, from October 2017 on it will be promoted on
several international tourism exhibitions by the travel agency Sidetour which is also involved in the
organisation of the event itself.
BIKE FESTIVAL MAY 2018
The program consists of a Mountain bike race, a public bike tour and a show program. Kormacit village is going to support the event by opening the area in front of the former school for camping and providing sanitary infrastructure to the participants.
Saturday 28 APR 2018
- 08:00 – 08:45 Meeting in Kormacit village centre and registration
- 08:45 – 09:45 Guided cultural and ehnographic tour of the village. Registration for late comers
- 10:00 – 12:30 Biking race following the white trail: 44 km
- 12:30 – 13:00 Refreshment / Photo shooting / Prize ceremony
- 13:00 – 15:00 Agrotouristic activities and lunch at the minifarm Ranco del Vata
- 15:00 – 17:00 Guided biking tour from Kormacit to Karpasa (optional, no race)
Saturday 28 APR 2018
- 17:00 – 19:00 Free time at leisure
- 19:00 – 21:00 Dinner in Kormacit village
- 21:00 – 08:00 Overnight in Kormacit (Pay tel Ruso guest house, etc)
Sunday 29 APR 2018
- 08:00 – 09:00 Sunday Mass at The St George Cathedral
- 09:00 – 10:00 Traditional Maronite breakfast
- 10:00 – 12:00 Guided biking tour following the blue trail: 28 km
- 13:00 Check out
- Saturday 28 APR until 13:00: 10€ per person
- Saturday 28 APR until 17:00: 25€ per person incl. lunch and optional guided biking tour
- Saturday 28 APR and Sunday 29 APR until 13:00: 70€ per person incl. accommodation, dinner and breakfast